[wplug] Verizon DSL and Coyote Linux

Greg Akins gakins at insomnia-consulting.org
Fri Oct 7 15:28:48 EDT 2005

I just got Verizon DSL

It came with a Westell 6100 DSL Modem

I can connect to the service and share the connection through a Linux Router
(originally used Floppyfw).

But the connection would become "lost" overtime.  I thought I might need PPoE
(though I don't appear to be using any PPoE client on my single windows box).
So I configured a Coyote Linux boot disk with PPoE support.

Same thing happens.  It connects fine at first, but after a few minutes of not
using it, the connection is lost and I have to reboot everything.

Has anyone configured a similar setup, of maybe knows what is going on?

Greg Akins
Insomnia Consulting
www.insomnia-consulting.org