[wplug] Current status of "Distro on a CD"?

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Wed Oct 5 18:46:21 EDT 2005

As a SuSE user I'll bet you're thinking I'm going to recommend the SuSE Live
CDs.

Nope !!!!

There a fine way to test out SuSE on your system with out installing anything
but they still require you to go through a set-up process.

I recommend Knoppix for demonstrating Linux since you can normally just pop it
in, boot the system and after a few minutes you have a fully functional Linux
system.
(OK, OK - no 3D acceleration on graphics and some hardware just doesn't play
well with Linux.)

For the most part - Knoppix HAS to be the best "make a good first impression"
Live CD out there. IMHO.

-Bob