[wplug] Current status of "Distro on a CD"?

Teodorski, Chris teodorski at ppg.com
Wed Oct 5 11:33:43 EDT 2005

I think Knoppix is still the favorite son.

However, I think the Slackware's Slax (http://slax.linux-live.org/) and the FreeBSD Freesbie (http://www.freesbie.org/) are both pretty nice.

I have also heard good things about SimplyMepis -- but haven't had a chance to try it.

I love UBUNTU (it's all I run on my desktop and laptop) but I don't like UBUNTU's live CD at ALL -- just one man's opinion...