[wplug] Current status of "Distro on a CD"?

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Wed Oct 5 10:59:29 EDT 2005

Cut and bottom posted - please scroll down \/

On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Rob Knapp wrote:

> Knoppix is (IIRC) mostly the cutting edge of everything.

Knoppix version 4.0.2CD-2005-09-23-EN is the most recent English CD
version of KNOPPIX. This is the long awaited CD edition of the highly
popular KNOPPIX 4 on DVD. I didn't like Knoppix 3.9 so I am very happy
to see this release.

For specific information on how the version are different, you can read
the changelog...
http://mirror.cs.wisc.edu/pub/mirrors/linux/knoppix/KNOPPIX-CHANGELOG.txt

> That being said, I use ubuntu (www.ubuntulinux.org)

If you happen to have plenty of leadtime ubuntu has been known to ship cds
to conferences free of cost. For example, the Ohio LinuxFest
(http://www.ohiolinux.org) gave away a couple hundred Ubuntu CDs in
Columbus Ohio, October 1, 2005.

All of the best Don. Please let us know what you decide to do.

Thanks,
Beth Lynn