[wplug] Mac home on a network drive

Michael P. O Connor mpop at mikeoconnor.net
Mon Oct 3 13:07:06 EDT 2005

Last week (Friday) I had a pritty nasty scare, my linux drive looked
like it was going down the drain (good thing is the data is still there)
but I will admit I don't do back ups like I should (sysadmins I know I
hear you all calling me an id10t right now)  I am going to start doing
them, but first I want all my data in one easy place My linux box (my
winblows boxes "MyDocuments" are already there) so I would like to have
the mac some how mount /home/mpop/machome in at /home/mpop on it (or
where ever mac has home dirs)  So any one have suggestions of how to do
this, I can do NFS or SMB (SMB is already running, I have done NFS in
the past) or any other shared FS's would be fine.  Can this be done, and
how would you do it?
--
Michael P. O'Connor
mpop at mikeoconnor.net