[wplug] Apt-get error

Chester R. Hosey chosey at nauticom.net
Mon Oct 3 12:17:45 EDT 2005

Arnaud Loos wrote:
> I recently added the ftp.nerim.net archive to my sources but keep getting an
> error.
>
> W: Couldn't stat source package list ftp://ftp.nerim.net etch/main Packages
> (/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.nerim.net_debain-marillat_dists_etch_main_binary-i38
> 6_Packages) - stat (2 No such file or directory)
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

What happens when you run apt-get update? What specific command produces
the error message you provided?

> This has been going on for a while and occurs even if I switch to the Sarge
> or Sid repositories.
>
> I've looked online and verified that my listing in sources.list is accurate.
>
> deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debain-marillat/ etch main

As mentioned by Kyle, "debian" is misspelled. Be sure that it's spelled
correctly in your apt configuration.

> Others have suggested that it's because my HD is full but that's not the
> case.
>
> I'm using Ubuntu 5.04.
>
> Any ideas?

Yes -- provide more information, especially regarding the commands you
typically run that lead up to this error. Perhaps a copy of your apt
configuration would help also.

Chet