[wplug] OT: IDE drives and PowerEdge 2300?

Ryan Brown lists at tblive.com
Wed Nov 30 15:23:47 EST 2005

You can get the trays and drives for poweredge servers on ebay (brand new)
for much less.

If the 2300 is anything like the 2650 or 2850s (these are rack mounts, I am
not sure on towers) - they have the SCSI backpane installed so it would be
much more convenient to stick with SCSI.

How important is your data and how fast do you want the drives to be? Sounds
like IDE will be fine since it is a standby but I personally would stick
with the SCSI.