[wplug] MySQL and phpBBS

Wise, Jeremey jeremey.wise at agilysys.com
Wed Nov 30 09:24:15 EST 2005

Thanks for the help. Here is the latest steps I took. After I did the
install against the "test" DB and it worked I started looking at the
schema and setup of my database "mywebsite" and the user "mywebsite"
which was the account for that database I wanted updates to be done
as(ia not the god account msdba).

I also found that the 'test' database had tables added to them so I
coppied the "/var/lib/mysql/test" directory to
"/var/lib/mysql/mywebsite" and restarted engine. Still no change in the
install error.

Then I figured I would delete the 'mywebsite' db and start over with
import per your note below.
*************
[root at venus]# find . -name *.sql
./Members/BullitenBoard/phpBB2/install/schemas/mysql_schema.sql
./Members/BullitenBoard/phpBB2/install/schemas/mssql_schema.sql
./Members/BullitenBoard/phpBB2/install/schemas/postgres_basic.sql
./Members/BullitenBoard/phpBB2/install/schemas/mysql_basic.sql
./Members/BullitenBoard/phpBB2/install/schemas/postgres_schema.sql
./Members/BullitenBoard/phpBB2/install/schemas/mssql_basic.sql
[root at venus]# mysql -u mywebsite -p mywebsite <
/var/www/html/mywebsite/Members/BullitenBoard/phpBB2/install/schemas/mys
ql_schema.sql
Enter password:
ERROR 1045: Access denied for user: 'mywebsite at localhost' (Using
password: YES)
[root at venus mysql]# mysql -u msdba -p mywebsite <
/var/www/html/landofthevisigoths/Members/BullitenBoard/phpBB2/install/sc
hemas/mysql_schema.sql
Enter password:
[root at venus mysql]#

*****
I must be missing something simple here. I checked user permissions in
mysql and user is listed with full rights and password has is same as
mydba which means their the same. Under database permissions user
'mywebsite' is listed with full rights for the database.

My opinion is that this is a stupid setup error on the mysql side.

Any thoughts?