[wplug] MySQL and phpBBS

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Mon Nov 28 11:53:34 EST 2005

> Fedora Core release 3 (Heidelberg)
>
> And I looked into a few articles about enabling phpMySQL client and it
> looks a but complex. http://us3.php.net/mysqli
>
> There seems to be a few front ends for management of this but they are
> all referring to MySQL4 or greater which FC3 does not support.
> http://www.phpmyadmin.net/home_page/index.php
>
> And there are reasons I went with FC3 at the time (clustering was the
> primary reason).

 	yum install php-mysql

you could also

 	rpm -qa | grep mysql

and

 	rpm -qa | grep php

to see which things you have installed. I find it easier to use
already-installed bits of Red Hat flavored things, rather than building
from source.

 	YOu shouldn't have to worry about those things with phpBB, though
I will warn you that kiddies will pwn your box within minutes unless you
take steps to secure yourself -- I've been barraged with porn-referer-spam
over the last two weeks for b2evolution. They request like 500k pages all
at once, which drags my box into the ground, with the referer page being
some porn spam crap. I replaced b2e with a single google ad.

--

Drew from Zhrodague
drew at zhrodague.net
http://www.WiFiMaps.com