[wplug] Free Memory / NICs / Video and Sound Cards / Printer / Scanner / Mice

Gil Citro dlists at citromail.net
Sun Nov 20 15:35:26 EST 2005

I've got a bunch of old hardware that's just collecting dust, so I'd like to
lighten my load by giving it away (free) to someone who has a use for it.
All hardware is tested working.  It can be picked up in Squirrel Hill in the
evening or weekends or in Oakland during the day.  Let me know if you can
use it.

1.  4 x 8 MB FPM DIMMs (32 MB total) and 4 x 8 MB EDO DIMMs (32 MB total).
Also, 4 Accton EN1661 MPX2 ISA Ethernet NICs.  NICs are Plug and Play and
work under Linux using the ne module.  I have the DOS setup disk which lets
you configure the NICs.  This would be great for someone with an old 486 or
Pentium who wants to set it up as a router.

2.  Diamond Stealth II G460 AGP graphics card and Diamond Sonic Impact S70
PCI sound card.  These were both from around 1998, when graphics shifted
from PCI to AGP, and sound shifted from ISA to PCI.  Both have some hardware
acceleration features, but of course they are old cards.  I I know had the
G460 working under Linux, and I believe I had the S70 working under Linux as
well, but I'm not 100% sure about that.  Would be good for someone with an
older computer that's working OK but still using ISA / PCI for sound /
graphics.  I have the original Windows driver CDs, though newer drivers
might be available.

3.  HP 648C printer.  This printer has two slots for ink cartridges.  The
left slot is for a color cartridge and the right slot is for either a black
cartridge or a photo ink cartridge.  Both slots must have some cartridge in
them for the printer to work, but the cartridges do not have to be full,
they just have to be there.  For example, if you run out of color ink but
you still have black ink in the other slot, you can continue to print in
black and white as long as the empty color cartridge stays in the slot.
Currently, there is a color cartridge on the left and a photo cartridge on
the right, but both are empty.  I don't recommend this printer for high
quality photo printing since there are better printers for that now, but you
could throw away the photo cartridge, get a new black and white cartridge,
and then just print in black and white with the empty color cartridge in
place.  Can use either parallel or USB connection.  Comes with a parallel
cable if you need it, but not a USB cable.  I don't have the original
drivers, but current drivers can be downloaded from HP.

4. Mustek 6000 III EP Plus parallel port scanner.  Works fine, and I still
have the original driver disk.  I've tried it under Windows ME and 2000, but
not under Windows XP.  I don't have a parallel cable for this unless the
person who takes the printer doesn't need the cable, but in any case I do
have a pass through cable which connects the scanner to a printer, so you
can have a parallel printer connected to the same port as the scanner, you
just might need to obtain a standard parallel cable.

5.  Two PS/2 mice, one 2 button Compaq mouse and one 3 button IBM mouse.