[wplug] figuring out where mail sent from your box came from

smk at fyi.net smk at fyi.net
Fri Nov 18 10:11:34 EST 2005

Do you have a web server running? It sounds like it could be a formmail or
like script that somebody is using as an open relay.  In that case, I
would check with your web servers access logs.  The postfix logs should
help you pin down a time.

Do you use this box as a SMTP server?  Also, I would hope that its not set
as an open relay.  (Anybody can send through it)  I dont think its
possible to shut down the MTA completely -- because you need it to process
mail for cron and such, but maybe you should set it to only deliver
locally?