[wplug] Academic Linux Support Issues

Poyner, Brandon bpoyner at ccac.edu
Thu Nov 17 11:26:27 EST 2005

I would consider a different approach by using virtualization.  You
could using something like Xen to create guest OS installations while
not compromising the host OS.  It's much like VMWare only without
expensive licensing issues.  You could even permit the faculty root
access on the guest and if they hose it up just stop the instance,
restore a snapshot image, and start it back up.  This all depends on how
accommodating you want to be.

Brandon Poyner
Network Engineer III
CCAC - College Office