[wplug] Could not log into the original home directory after installation

Deliang Shi sdliang02 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 13:56:58 EST 2005

Thanks for the reply.  I used warning on SELinux instead of Enabling during installation.
 I can use cd to access all the data after log in as new user,
 but I don't how to log in as the old user.

 Deliang

Jonathan Billings <billings at negate.org> wrote:
On Nov 14, 2005, at 12:43 PM, Deliang Shi wrote:

> Linux is installed in my notebook, root is /dev/hdc3 and home
> directory is /dev/hdc6.  After I format /dev/hdc3 and upgrade from
> FC1 to FC3, another home directory is created on /dev/hdc3  and I
> can only log into this home directory. I couldn't log into the
> original home directory on /dev/hdc6.  Both /dev/hdc3 and /dev/hdc6
> are mounted.
>
> Does any body know how to log into the original home directory?

likely what happened is when you installed FC3, you enabled SELinux.
The old filesystem built in FC1 was not formatted with the SELinux
metadata, so the new OS won't let you access the data stored in the
old filesystem.

There are some FAQs out there for updating the filesystem, but I
can't find it right now, sorry.

--
Jonathan Billings