[wplug] [wplug-announce] 1st annual membership meeting

Vance Kochenderfer vkochend at nyx.net
Mon Nov 14 13:48:42 EST 2005

[Please limit followups to only the wplug-plan list.]

Here's how dues/membership works.  T represents the date you became
a member.  For most of those who preregistered, this is September
22, 2005.

At T+52 weeks, your membership becomes due for renewal.

If you do not pay your dues at that time:

At T+56 weeks, you are still considered a member but lose your right
to vote (on any item).  You may regain this right and become a full
voting member again by paying dues.

If you still do not pay up:

At T+78 weeks, you are dropped from the membership list.

As you can see, there is a considerable grace period before someone
is dropped from the rolls.  It is the Secretary's responsibility to
keep track of members who have lapsed into non-voting status, or
subsequently into non-member status.  A conscientious Secretary will
send out reminders to let people know when they need to re-up.  I am
sure Dave will keep on top of this.