[wplug] Could not log into the original home directory after installation

Deliang Shi sdliang02 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 13:17:07 EST 2005

Thanks for the quick reply and I found my lines are really too
 long:)

 They are not mounted in the same place. In fact I have
 different user name for individual home directory.

 new      user1 /home/user1
 original user2 /home/home/user2

 user1 is created during this installation and user2 is from
 original version(I am not sure if it is related to NIS/NFS).From
 the users and groups adminstation window, I can find user1, but
 not user2.

 By log in as user1, I can access both /home/user1 and /home/home/user2

 I don't know how to log in as user2.

 Deliang

Bill Moran <wmoran at potentialtech.com> wrote: Deliang Shi  wrote:

> Linux is installed in my notebook, root is /dev/hdc3 and home directory is
> /dev/hdc6.  After I format /dev/hdc3 and upgrade from FC1 to FC3, another
> home directory is created on /dev/hdc3  and I can only log into this home
> directory. I couldn't log into the original home directory on /dev/hdc6.
> Both /dev/hdc3 and /dev/hdc6 are mounted.

(please wrap your lines around 72 chars or so)

Are they both mounted on the same place?  What does "mount" say?

If they're both mounted in the same place, then one will "overlay" the
other (hide it).  So the trick will be to keep the second one from
mounting.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies