[wplug] blog software?

Rob Knapp myddrin at myddrin.com
Mon Nov 14 09:49:50 EST 2005

Michael P. O Connor wrote:

>I like bblog (www.bblog.org) it is what I use for my blog
>http://blog.mikeoconnor.net

I've used WordPress and b2evolution.  Both were very nice, b2e had the
ability to
have multiple blogs, which was pretty neat. It also has some pretty
effective builtin spam fighting capabilities. WordPress has some decent
plugins, but other than that is pretty vanilla as far as feature go. (At
least in my opinion).

My wife's bar (http://www.juliostavern.biz ... cheap plug ) uses Geeklog
for it's specials menu...(plus some python code I wrote to auto generate
RSS+ESF feeds & ical calendar, oh and importing from a OO.org
spreadsheet).  I like the system, it has a LOT of functionality, but I'm
looking at replacing it with something less bulky...and probably in
python (since I barely know PHP, and anytime I need to get in there and
fix something it takes me forever...)