[wplug] OT: Down Memory Lane

Matthew J. Hughes mhues at verizon.net
Sun Nov 13 21:05:52 EST 2005

I just had to say that I got a collection of infocom games a few years
ago for x-mas so somebody owns the copyright and is making them
available for sale (in windows/dos environment at least). Unfortunately
I misplaced the box so I can't help you with the upc, isbn, or anything.
However if I want to look at older games I use The underdogs as a
generally good reference site(if I am willing to put up with the ads).
The link for infocom as a company is
http://www.the-underdogs.org/company.php?id=210
They have a short description of the game, manuals, etc., and if no one
has complained about the copyright violation they often times have the
game. Otherwise they usually have a link to whoever is currently able to
sell the game. One of the things I like about the site is that they have
a "if you like this, try..." entry. The other thing is that they have
extensive collection of freeware.
What I don't like about them is the horrible pop ups and slow load
times. its the imdb of (dos)computer games.

Oh my I also wanted to contribute this link to the off topic discussion:
http://www.obsoletecomputermuseum.org/
You think it will always be there. but apparently when I wasn't looking
it isn't gonna be there much longer. So, quick, quick and take a look
while your nostalgic. And yes they even have a Wang or 2 on the site.

-Matt
Email does not have to be grammatically correct though points should be
taken off for spelling.