[wplug] Contract Job Opportunity...way [OT]

Jonathan Billings billings at negate.org
Sun Nov 13 10:11:50 EST 2005

On Nov 13, 2005, at 2:56 AM, Zach wrote:
> I feel your pain too Matt. I am looking for an entry-level foot-in-
> door type of position and all I see advertized are the "Wanted:
> Senior <foo>", "Experienced Candidate - 5-7 years experience in
> <foo>", type IT positions :-(
>
> Zach

If it makes you feel better, I have 6 years experience as a Senior
<foo>, and I still have a hard time.  Most often, they want 6 years
experience in a very particular thing, and you're useless otherwise.
(What?  You haven't been using ExtrememlySpecializedDatabaseFoo all
that time?  Well, then how can you claim to have 6 years experience?)