[wplug] Sony CD protection stunt

Gentgeen gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Fri Nov 4 21:50:43 EST 2005

When will these companies learn that all they are doing is pissing on
honest consumers. Who then many (but not all) then just learn how to
become 'pirates' - the exact thing they are trying to protect against.
Those that don't take the time to learn the work-arounds, then just get
a real bad taste in there mouth for that company.  AND to top this one
off, it is only valid on Windows!! What are the execs thinking:

"Mr. CEO, I got this idea for a new door lock.  Once locked it keeps
everyone out, there is no way around it.... Unless your left handed.
It only works on Right handed criminals."

BTW - I heard about this on NPR the other day, and they had a sound clip
from a Sony Exec (or PR guy, I don't remember now).  When asked about it
his response was "most users don't even know what a rootkit is"  THERE'S
A GOOD EXCUSE.  UGH

I for one, plan on not giving Sony one more penny from my wallet.  Even
if it does not affect me (no Windows computer used for music, and if I
did- I am one of those ones that would use the work around) - it still
is WRONG.  WHAT A JOKE

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 21:27:44 -0500
"Diana A. Clarion" <dclarion at fnordnet.net> wrote:

> Wonderful thing, that :o)
>
> I suppose, though, that I'll have to vote with my (admittedly lean)
purse,