[wplug] Web logging?

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Fri Nov 4 14:25:31 EST 2005

On Fri, 4 Nov 2005, Zach wrote:

> As I said I only have regular user priveleges on the web server. Thus I
> do not have access to the log files.

Ah, I understand now.  Sorry, I sent you a script that needed access to
the logs (at least to read).

If you want a script to grab and store stuff as it comes in, in PHP this
could be done pretty simply.

Just loop through the pre-defined $_SERVER variables and add a date
function like this:

<?php
echo "<table border=\"1\">";

foreach($_SERVER as $key=>$value) {
}

echo "</table>";
?>

This will just echo it out to the screen.  But you can include a modified
version of this in any webpage you'd like (using include("filename.php");)
to track and save the data to a database or file.

  Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo) -> http://www.sugapablo.net