[wplug] Web logging?

Zach netrek at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 14:43:38 EST 2005

Greetings,

I am making a website and the school hosting it allows me to run my own
CGI-BIN scripts. They have Perl 5 and PHP5 installed. and we are allowed to
run our own CGI-BIN scripts. I would like a script to log visitor info and
to log it for historical purposes so I can analyze it later on. The problem
is I am totally new to the world of Perl and PHP and was wondering if
someone has an out-of-the-box script I can use to learn from and then
modify/extend as I learn. I would like to log the following from each
visitor:

Browser
IP Address
Timezone
Hostname
Screen Size
Platform (OS)
Referrer
Screen Resolution
Screen Color
Keyword
Country
Java Enabled/Disabled
JavaScript Enabled/Disabled
Entry Page
Exit Page
Relead yes/no

I guess I could have it in a HTML page would be nice and once I learn
about SQL I can dump it into a database.
But a flat file would be fine for now if you could help me with that.
Also my site has a main
index.html page and many sub pages. If someone comes to my site
through a sub-page I figured their info will not be logged so does
that mean
a copy of the script must be called for EVERY sub-page?

Regards,
Zach