[wplug] LInux on Older Hardware

Brad Hoover b_hoovs at yahoo.com
Sun May 29 22:14:27 EDT 2005

Hi Folks,

I have an older laptop that I used to have Windows 98
on but have decided to put linux on.  The machine
specs:  Intel Celeron 333, 64 mb ram, 4 gig hd.  I
need Open Office, X-Chat, Firefox and my wireless card
to work, plus some window manager.  So does anyone
have suggestions for distros and window managers
suited for older hardware?

The distrobution is important, because I am still very
much a novice.  I really don't know what packages I
need or don't need which is fine for my newer desktop
but not when I want to keep that to a minimum.  Are
there any distrobutions with a stock 'minimal'
installation setting?

Thanks,  Brad