[wplug] writing programs

Andy Johnson ngoandy at gmail.com
Thu May 26 22:00:23 EDT 2005

OpenGL for videogames if you want to go the non-windows route,
otherwise direct x.

Now, there are a multitude of options for this.

With OpenGL, there are a number of different choices for the layer on
top of it, depending on the language you choose.  I learned using
GLUT, but for games, there is Game GLUT, and tons of other choices.
The language is up to you.

Of course, that isn't the easy way.  That is more if you are
interested in the lower levels of graphics.  Understanding how the
graphics work.

For a higher level, you need to get programs like 3D Max to make the
complicated shapes for you.  3DMax and others create the objects for
you, including giving them mass, solidity, etc, leaving you to do the
rest.  Of course, 3DMax is a ton of money.

I'm not sure what you really want to do though and your money situation.

For OpenGL, you better be good at calculus.  I suck at it and couldn't
really do much of anything for the advanced concepts due to being
unable to understand the math.

On 5/26/05, Steve Bierly <s_bierly at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I am seriously interested in cryptology, and game
> design. I have no clue where to start what books
> should I read, what programming languages I should
> learn,etc. Any information on this subject would be
> helpful.
> Thanks,
> Steve

Andy Johnson