[wplug] [wplug-announce] GUM Subversion Sat 5/28 10am-2pm

Beth Lynn bethlynn at wplug.org
Thu May 26 16:40:39 EDT 2005

Hello,

Western PA Linux Users Group will be hosting a General Users Meeting
(GUM) featuring "Subversion (version control management, alternative to CVS)"
It will be held on this Saturday May 28, 2005 from 10am to 2 pm at Carnegie
Mellon University, Newell Simon Hall 1507. This meeting is free and open to the
general public.

Please visit our new Maps and Directions page
http://www.wplug.org/pages/wplugmap/
Please note that our phone number is currently 412 268 7564
If you've never been here before make sure you print out the
directions!

GUM TOPIC: "Subversion (version control management, alternative to CVS)"
Speaker: Mark Dalrymple
Host: Beth Lynn Eicher
CoHost:David Ostroske

Abstract:
Subversion is an open-source version control system that maintains a
history of changes made to a set of files. These files can be a program's
source code, or a website, or even your home directory. We'll cover what a
version control system is, why you would want to use one, and some of the
current version control systems available (both free and commercial).
Finally we'll look at Subversion and how to use it.

Schedule:
* Doors will open at 10am to NSH 1507
* Coffee and Donut Hour 10am-11am
* Subversion talk 11am-Noon
* Geeks Eating Pizza Noon-ish - 1pm
* General Socialization 1pm-2pm in NSH 1507

See you there!

Beth Lynn

Upcoming Events...
Saturday June 4, 2005 10am-4pm GUM MythTV
Saturday June 11, 2005 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm Regular Expressions
Saturday July 9, 2005 from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm GUM topic TBD
Saturday July 16, 2005 from 10:00 am - 5:00pm Installfest
Sunday August 7 Annual Picnic