[wplug] cups printer status

John Harrold jmh17 at pitt.edu
Wed May 25 13:49:39 EDT 2005

I'm trying to figure out when a printer is rejecting jobs. I can run
mozilla on the server and see through the cups html interface. However, I'd
like to be able to do this from the commandline. I figured out how to use
cupsenable and cupsdisable to start and stop individual printers. Is there
a way to print out all of the available printers and their current state
from the command line?

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi