[wplug] Request for corporate OSS success/horror stories

Petrucci, Joseph Joseph.Petrucci at ddiworld.com
Tue May 24 17:30:19 EDT 2005

Chet

I am currently in the process of putting together a distributed WebSphere/DB2 environment for a major Telcomm client that will have over 1000 Linux servers. I have also implemented a 300 Linux servers as VRU machines for the same client. I have had some challenges and a few setbacks but I found just in licensing issues I have saved my client almost $1,000,000 on this implementation. An example is they were going to implement BMC Patrol to monitor there data center I do not know of the exact cost but the qoute they got was around $400,000. I implemented Nagios for them on Linux machines at a cost of $50,000 (of which $30,000 was my fee).