[wplug] Reverse DNS - PTR Record

Duncan Hutty dhutty+wplug at ece.cmu.edu
Mon May 23 09:54:43 EDT 2005

On 05/23/2005 08:46 AM, Poyner, Brandon wrote:
> It seems to me that Comcast created a PTR record that doesn't match your
> A record.

In my experience, Comcast will claim that they don't have the ability to
   make reverse DNS records, even for business accounts. Obviously this
is not true and if you push hard enough ( I find that quoting RFCs
helps) and show the phone monkey you know what you're talking about, you
can eventually get to someone who understands networking to a greater
extent than "Please unplug your router and reboot your cable modem", who
will be very friendly, willing and competent to set up reverse DNS for
you while you wait.

--
Duncan Hutty