[wplug] Gnucash help?

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Sat May 21 02:24:50 EDT 2005

On Sat, 21 May 2005, Brandon Kuczenski wrote:

> Also, am I to believe that Gnucash does not have a budget feature?  That
> would make me very, very sad indeed.  It could potentially mean I shall be a
> very, very sad and frustrated Windows user for the forseeable future. How do
> other folks deal with this problem?  Is there some other budget program that
> integrates with gnucash?  Alternately, is there some other money management
> program that does have a budget feature?  I can't imagine using a budget
> program and an accounting program that don't talk to each other.

I've been reading about this on the Web:
http://gnomesupport.org/wiki/index.php/GnuCashBudgets#Budgets_in_Gnucash:_A_History

it seems like it must actually be a very hard problem to figure out how to
properly implement budgets in a double-accounting scheme like gnucash.

Still looking for solutions, though.

-Brandon