[wplug] Gnucash help?

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Sat May 21 01:58:34 EDT 2005

Is there any way to perform an operation on many accounts concurrently in
Gnucash?  I just imported 10 years' data from Quicken and put all my
accounts in the wrong places for Gnucash's semantics.  Right now I am
going through each account, editing it and putting it in the proper parent
account.  But the action is completely repetitive since I have one account
for every category.  Is there a way to group accounts together?

Alternately, is there some config file I can edit to make the changes,
rather than going through the GUI?

Also, am I to believe that Gnucash does not have a budget feature?  That
would make me very, very sad indeed.  It could potentially mean I shall be
a very, very sad and frustrated Windows user for the forseeable future.
How do other folks deal with this problem?  Is there some other budget
program that integrates with gnucash?  Alternately, is there some other
money management program that does have a budget feature?  I can't imagine
using a budget program and an accounting program that don't talk to each
other.

-Brandon