[wplug] PC Club AMD64 Hardware

Brian A. Seklecki lavalamp at spiritual-machines.org
Fri May 20 22:40:53 EDT 2005

All:

Tomorrow I'll be representing PC Club Pittsburgh at the Installfest.
I'll be showcasing a popular AMD64 motherboard and some other cool
hardware from our store (with some a few changes from the original
announcement e-mail!)

All will have access to experiment with the equipment (after I assemble
it!).

However, if anyone is intimately familiar with Linux on AMD64, please
contact me.  I would like to dual-boot the drive and benchmark a BSD
Distro on the same hardware.

This requires:

*) A platform-independent UNIX benchmark system.

*) An AMD64 distro of Linux (I dont think the specific distro will make
that big of a difference on the results, perhaps some sysctl's, CFLAGS,
or kernel options)

Let me know!

I will see you all there bright and early.  Coffee, Donuts, and Pizza
will be provided courtesy of PC Club as well.

~BAS