[wplug] Asterlink Billing - Unique

Gregsim gregsim at telerama.com
Fri May 20 00:20:50 EDT 2005

After seeing the recommendations, I signed up for Asterlink, alhough the registration was a bit confusing.  Even though the pricing was zero, I still had to give a credit card number and agree to a long legal document.  When the registration was complete, here was my bill:

 Summary Of Charges

      Setup Fee $0.00
      Payment Each Period $0.00   ($0.00 every 1 month)

      2.0 cents per minute  $0.00
      VoIP Access  $0.00
      VoIP Only Access  $0.00
      2.0 cents per minute inbound  $0.00

      Initial Payment $0.00

So far, I haven't been hit too hard.  Of course, I owe reasonable legal fees if I refuse to pay.  So far, so good.  They sent me a bunch of numbers by email that get programmed into Asterisk.  My new phone number is:  866-664-6706.

If I am lucky, at or shortly after the Installfest, I should be online with my new phone service.

Greg