Can Asterisk be proxied to Vonage WAS[RE: [wplug] RecommendedVOIPService]

rl_jeffries rl_jeffries at comcast.net
Wed May 18 18:05:40 EDT 2005

Thank you Greg.

-----Original Message-----
From: wplug-bounces+rl_jeffries=comcast.net at wplug.org
[mailto:wplug-bounces+rl_jeffries=comcast.net at wplug.org] On Behalf Of Greg
Simkins
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 1:19 PM
To: General user list
Subject: Re: Can Asterisk be proxied to Vonage WAS[RE: [wplug]
RecommendedVOIPService]

After my initial post, (and helpful response from Ryan Brown - Thanks!), I
got some more guidance on VoIP/Asterisk in Pittsburgh.

I talked to ASP Station (http://www.aspstation.com/).  Ed says that he is in

process of becoming a Vonage reseller.  Vonage won't give you the
configuration information that you need to be friendly with Asterisk, but he

implied that he would - and would be able to work shortly.

Also, I communicated with Greg Boehnlein who spoke at Ohio Linux and he sent

this advice:
I would suggest one of the following to start your journey:

1. Asterlink.Com - More business class, but you can ask them. I've
fowarded this to Brian over there. Perhaps he can shed some more light.

2. Teliax http://teliax.com/
3. VoicePulse - SIP only I think

You might want to just use NuFone's 800 service and just drop your 412 DID
and give everyone your 800 number. Most residential subscribers use less
than 400 minutes of service / month TOTAL for all calls, so that would be
$7.60 / month in charges.

                             KP-216-121-ST

I just received an development kit PCI Card from Digium for VOIP, which I
intend to bring to the Installfest this Saturday, so perhaps we can play
with it.