Can Asterisk be proxied to Vonage WAS[RE: [wplug] RecommendedVOIP Service]

rl_jeffries rl_jeffries at comcast.net
Wed May 18 12:20:44 EDT 2005

Thanks Bill.

-----Original Message-----
From: wplug-bounces+rl_jeffries=comcast.net at wplug.org
[mailto:wplug-bounces+rl_jeffries=comcast.net at wplug.org] On Behalf Of Bill
Moran
Sent: Wednesday, May 18, 2005 11:46 AM
To: General user list
Cc: rl_jeffries at comcast.net
Subject: Re: Can Asterisk be proxied to Vonage WAS[RE: [wplug]
RecommendedVOIP Service]

"rl_jeffries" <rl_jeffries at comcast.net> wrote:

> I don't know anything about Asterisk, and very little about PBX, but could
> the vonage voip be routed between a gateway/proxy and an Asterisk server,
so
> that Vonage can't see the Asterisk, or it's traffic? Just an
> idea/concept/question. I just set up someone's shop with Vonage, and it
> looks like that they would like to scale up to a PBX.

I'm not 100% sure what Vonage is providing, but if they give you a digital
to analog converter, you could simply install an analog card in the * box
and connect that to Vonage's box.  I don't have personal experience, but
I've heard that Vonage is not * friendly.

As silly as the VoIP-analog-VoIP setup is, it may be the only way to make
Vonage work with *.  As a result, you're client is probably much better
served by hooking them up with a provider that supports (or at least doen't
object to) *.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies