[wplug] FreeDOS

Rob Prowel tempest766 at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 16:58:50 EDT 2005

--- Michael Semcheski <lists at immuneit.com> wrote:

> The underlying problem is that we need to use old
> machines.  We have an
> ISA device that is about 15 years old that
> apparently will not run on a
> machine faster than 200mhz.

sounds to me like someone needs to quit trying to get
off cheaply and just buy a modern device with
equivalent functionality...a 15 year old ISA board has
no doubt been completely written off by the bean
counters.  Maybe it's time to look for non-stoneage
alternatives.

and as far as freedos goes...I had so much trouble
with it under dosemu that I just went back to M$-DOS
6.22 and that works flawlessly with dosemu.  It allows
me to run my stoneage (nonreplaceable) software like
Generic Cadd 7.0 and espon-plot (postscript to epson
esc/p2 conversion utility).