[wplug] Easy VPN?

Michael Semcheski lists at immuneit.com
Mon May 16 15:04:45 EDT 2005

Russ Schneider wrote:
> On Mon, 16 May 2005, Petrucci, Joseph wrote:
>>Do they simply want you to connect to an existing VPN or do they want you to setup the VPN?

> No, they have the VPN up.  They gave me the IP, username, and password to
> connect to it.

If we know that its a Windows VPN, and you need the IP or hostname,
username and password to connect, its probably PPTP.

IPSec requires a certificate or shared secret key (which is not the same
as a password).

I've never tried to connect a Linux box (or anything else) to PPTP, so
I'm not sure of what comes next.

Mike