[wplug] Whither Open Source?

Greg Simkins gregsim at telerama.com
Fri May 13 09:35:08 EDT 2005

As the author said, it is not clear where it is going, but he did lay out a
couple dots about IBM retaliating by purchasing Novelle.  I suppose that
would take a lot of wind out of the Open Source sails.  We would be left
with the die hards like RMS.

I am sure there are good lawyers, but if this whole chain of events is
caused by some legal concern about old patents, I think grave misjustice
will be done.  So, on the whole, we have too many lawyers.

I guess I am just not an optimist.

Greg