[wplug] is there a market for linux in the US?

Zachary Uram netrek at gmail.com
Thu May 12 13:41:29 EDT 2005

Thanks for the tip Rob.

We all got laid off when CMRI was dissolved in September 2001 so I
haven't had an IT job since then. It's rather depressing :-( I have
sent out thousands of resumes in that time and got   5 replies - 2 of
which resulted in interviews. I read as a rule of thumb it can take up
to 10 solid interviews to get offerred employment. As I said I am not
really expert in any one thing so I need to perhaps focus on
self-study a few things intensively for the next year or so and then
restart my job search. Also looking into finishing school but finances
are rather problematic to put it mildly. So my job search experience
has been singularly negative. I don't know how the market was 20-30
years ago for entry level/apprenticeship job seekers who don't have a
phenomenonally impressive skill set but I know it sure is rather flat
now!

Zach

<><
http://yoda.t35.com