[wplug] Install session May 21st

Jonathan Billings jsbillings at gmail.com
Thu May 12 07:19:52 EDT 2005

On 5/11/05, Rob Prowel <tempest766 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> yes...what exactly IS an install-fest?  do we watch a guru show us how to
> install an obscure linux distro or is it a hands-on lab experience?  and
> good point about code...is it a good place to acquire different apps/distros
> to try out?

An install-fest is typically an unstructured event, where you bring
your computer, monitor, keyboard and mouse, and any install media (we
have a bunch of our own) or an ethernet card (we provide a network).
We've got a pretty fast connection to the 'net, so it's sometimes
faster to simply do a net install.

If you are interested in a 'guru show,' I believe we have tutorials
offered every so often.  You can also expect that someone with some
experience will help walk you through a tought part of an install if
you need it at an installfest.

--
  Jonathan Billings
jsbillings at gmail.com