[wplug] Install session May 21st

Andy Johnson ngoandy at gmail.com
Wed May 11 21:26:21 EDT 2005

Hey, I'm a new guy on the list.

What are the install sessions at CMU like?

I am interested in getting Slackware Linux(I think).  I'm new to
Linux.  I tinkered with Red Hat 9 before, but didn't get into the
command line at all or really learn much of anything.  If there is a
better distro for beginners, I'm interested.  My boss at work has been
trying to set me up on gentoo, though I think it is a bit out of my
league since I can't install it myself.

For these install parties, do I just bring my computer?

Will Slackware be available there?  What other distros?  If we brought
blank cds, could we get the full copies of some distros also, so that
we don't have to download them?

I'm just wondering what to expect.

If I brought my home machine, would monitors, keyboards, mice, and all
cables be there?  That way all that would be needed is the machine
itself.

--
Andy Johnson
AIM: NGO Andy