[wplug] is there a market for linux in the US?

wplug at perigee.shadysidesupercomputingcenter.com wplug at perigee.shadysidesupercomputingcenter.com
Wed May 11 15:24:28 EDT 2005

Rob Prowel wrote:

>I guess to be more susinct: can an old time unix geek
>find programming/analysis work with linux or to find a
>real job do we HAVE to sell our souls and jump on the
>M$ bandwagon?

It is very possible to get a job developing for Linux/UNIX, contact me
for more info.

http://www.switch.com/careers.html#6

Software Engineer -- 3 positions available

These positions based in Pittsburgh, PA requires a Bachelor Degree in
either Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering
and a minimum of up to 5 years experience in a software development
environment with the following combination of technologies: Distributed
Control Systems, Communication Software, TCP/IP, UNIX/Linux, and C/C++.

These positions will be involved in the development and deployment of a
computerized dispatching system; so, railroad experience would be a
plus.