[wplug] dsl setup

kiesling+ at pitt.edu kiesling+ at pitt.edu
Mon May 9 22:48:47 EDT 2005

I have just got DSL from Verizon (Please no tangential posts about the goods and bads of this). Of course the bad is linux support. I thought the connection was pppoe (based on discussions here), so I did what I had read in the Gentoo Handbook (this is a Gentoo distro). I run the scripts adsl-setup and adsl-start. But it times out.

My wife has a Windows XP computer, it works fine. In the network connections it says the IP address is assigned by DHCP. I've tried that too, no luck.

For both I've googled far and wide and follwed several howtos with no luck.

So I feel pretty stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

Scott