[wplug] Send email to remote SMTP server

Robert E. Coutch robert.coutch at verizon.net
Fri May 6 22:48:34 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I want a SIMPLE command line method of sending an email to a remote SMTP
server.

I've put together a csh script that I want to have send an email via my
Verizon email account on Verizon's outgoing.verizon.net SMTP server.
I will need to send authentication credentials (username/password) too.

I didn't want to have to go through setting up my own system's postfix for
mail forwarding. I don't use it for anything but local system messaging.

I looked at the mail and sendmail commands but didn't see options for sending
email to a specific SMTP server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Bob