[wplug] USB CDRW Woes

Russ Schneider russ at sugapablo.com
Fri May 6 10:59:23 EDT 2005

Mandrake Linux 10.0

[root at dell sugapablo]# lsusb
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0ac9:0000 Micro Solutions, Inc. BackPack
CD-ReWriter
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

[root at dell sugapablo]# dmesg | grep usb
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver usbfs
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver hub
drivers/usb/host/uhci-hcd.c: USB Universal Host Controller Interface
driver v2.1
usb 2-2: new full speed USB device using address 2
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver usb-storage
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver hiddev
drivers/usb/core/usb.c: registered new driver hid
drivers/usb/input/hid-core.c: v2.0:USB HID core driver

However, no sg device is being created in /dev for cdrecord to find.

The messed up part is, if I boot into Windows and use the CDRW, and then
boot back, it'll work just fine in linux.

I REALLY want to erase my Windows drive.  But I keep it arouns after all
these years (It's WinME) because of this one little stickler.

Any clues?

--
[ Russ Schneider (a.k.a. Sugapablo)                                           ]
[ http://www.sugapablo.net <--personal | http://www.sugapablo.com  <--music   ]