[wplug] Dvorak Converting to Linux?

Chris Ott cott at acclamation.com
Thu May 5 10:19:35 EDT 2005

Vanco, Don wrote:
> Greg Simkins <> scribbled on Wednesday, May 04, 2005 3:22 PM:
>
>>Actually, I wonder why Dvorak didn't mention OS X as his alternative
>>OS.
>
> 	Because he'll get his name in more forums mentioning Linux

Either that, or it's because Microsoft actually perceives Linux as a
threat. That's not true for OS X. Dvorak is probably just pissed off at
them and he wants to make a big scene. In a few weeks, Microsoft will do
something (small) to keep him happy and he'll switch back, probably
making an equally big scene.

It's pretty annoying that he's using Linux as a bargaining chip, when
he's been so openly hostile towards it all these years. Does anyone
remember his predictions for 2003? He predicted in the past tense, as if
it was already the end of 2003 and he was wrapping up the year. One of
his statements was "I'm glad to see we've all finally decided Linux is
not a desktop operating system."

And now this...  Moron.

Chris