[wplug] For those of you that think the new WEP standards are secure ...

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed May 4 17:31:47 EDT 2005

Richard Farina <r.farina at adelphia.net> wrote:

> At 08:25 AM 5/4/2005, Bill Moran wrote:
>
> >Looks like removing weak keys wasn't enough ...
> >
> >http://securityfocus.com/infocus/1814
>
> Try to keep up Bill, that is four months old.  The feds can crack wep in 3
> minutes.

Are you saying that WEP is even _more_ insecure than that says?

And I've forgotten, are the new encryption standards for WiFi just
WEP v2, and therfore easy to break?  Or have people come up with a
standard that is actually reasonably secure?

I posted that because I remember talking to some people recently who
told me "if you use newer cards, they don't use the weak keys, and
thus are safe."  That article disproves that assumption.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies