[wplug] How to Partition a 120 GB Hard Drive

Kevin Squire gentgeen at linuxmail.org
Wed May 4 13:01:17 EDT 2005

First, thanks for the input.

This LVM idea sounds great, but I am wondering

1) Would it be hard to set up in an already running Debian Sarge system?
(i.e I really do not want to go through with a fresh install)

I know in the past, when I changed HDs, I would:
	Boot with LiveCD
	partion up the new HD
	copy thing from Old HD Partions to New HD Partions
	fix fstab
	edit lilo if necessary
	chroot and reinstall lilo to MBR

Would this kind of process work with the LVM stuff??

I need to find a Debian specific how-to, that might be helpful :-)

Again, thanks for the input, and any more insight from this list will be
greatly appreciated.

Kevin