[wplug] postfix question

Brandon Kuczenski brandon at 301south.net
Mon May 2 20:37:29 EDT 2005

This should be a FAQ, I think, but I can't figure out how to phrase it
properly for the search engines.  It concerns a rare but recognizable
form of UCE.

I got an email whose sender address purported to be
<a_valid_local_user>@301south.net.  The smtpd_reject_unlisted_sender
parameter will reject <not_a_valid_local_user>@301south.net but if Spammy
uses a valid username, this test will fail.  So I want to only accept mail
from known users @301south.net if
  a) the mail is sent from localhost, or
  b) the mail is sent from a SASL authenticated smtp session.

My smtpd_sender_restrictions looks like this:

smtpd_sender_restrictions = permit_sasl_authenticated
                             permit_mynetworks

What is the config tool for this?

I have a hunch it has something to do with check_sender_access.

-Brandon