[wplug] On the subject of wardriving...

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Wed Mar 30 11:10:04 EST 2005

> 2) Just because you have done some research, or have talked to a police
> officer, FBI agent, judge, ISP council (lawyeer), read the TOS, etc.
> Until someone is tried in a civil or criminal court, for Wardriving, and
> the facts have been presented or dispelled, you really won't know if
> wardriving is legal or illegal.

	Has the legality of 8.5x11 sheets of paper been tested in the
courts? How do we know that it is not illegal to use them?

	There have been two cases which involved wardriving. In both
cases, the purps were convicted of violating wiretap/communications laws,
and not of wardriving.

	Not such a great article, but you can see that they definately
crossed a few lines: http://www.securityfocus.com/news/9281

http://news.com.com/Wardriving+conviction+is+first+under+Can-Spam/2100-7351_3-5390722.html

	So, wardriving *has* been tested in the courts, but again, these
people went way too far.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		Location Based WiFi