[wplug] On the subject of wardriving...

Drew from Zhrodague drew at zhrodague.net
Tue Mar 29 16:14:46 EST 2005

> According to reference.com:
>
> wardriving - <security> (From wardialer in the "carrier scanner" sense
> of that word) To drive around with a laptop with a wireless card, and an
> antenna, looking for accessible wireless networks.
>
> This to me implies more than identifying networks and mapping them.
> 'Accessible' says to me, that you are taking the extra step to see if
> they are unsecured.

	Might want to check Wikipedia:

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wardriving

"Wardriving shares similarities to Wardialing in name only.

Wardrivers do not engage in malicious activity. The average wardriver is
typically only out to log and collect information from the Access Points
(APs) they find while driving."

	There's also an Ethical Considerations section discusses most of
the things I seem to be not so good at explaining.

--

Drew from Zhrodague		http://www.WiFiMaps.com
drew at zhrodague.net		Location Based WiFi