[wplug] the great WPLUG pcHDTV buy

Patrick Wagstrom pwagstro at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Mar 28 22:14:36 EST 2005

Hello All,

Recently the discussion around MythTV gathered quite a bit of interest
in purchasing pcHDTV cards.  I've taken the liberty of contacting the
fine folks at pcHDTV and secured a discount for us.  As an individual,
you can use the code WPLUG and get $5 off your order.  But, if we bulk
order, we get a bigger discount.  Here's the prices we can get:

  2-4 cards: $160 each
  5-9 cards: $155 each
10-19 cards: $145 each
 (plus your share of shipping)

So here's what I'd like to do.  I'm willing to order a slew of cards for
folks and have them delivered to my office at CMU.  You'll be able to
pick up your card from me either at CMU, from my home in the Greenfield
neighborhood, or I'll bring them to WPLUG event on Saturday, April 23.

Sound interesting?  Email me.  Once we know how many people are
ordering, I'll fix the price and you can pay me.  I'll accept payment by
check (preferred) or paypal.  If you do a check, I won't cash it until
the cards have arrived.

To see the current state of the order, how many people have ordered, how
much they'll be, etc you can visit
http://www.andrew.cmu.edu/user/pwagstro/pchdtv.html

--Patrick

PS.  In the interest of full disclosure, this purchase is not endorsed
by WPLUG, I'm just doing it because other folks are interested.  It will
be your responsibility to make sure that card will work with your
system.  I can help out on MythTV installation to a small degree, but
can't provide complete support.

PPS. Also, you may not need a pcHDTV card, if you've got the nice
Comcast digital box you can probably tune it and receive unencrypted
content over firewire.